Monday 24 October 2016

Just STOPP!

You know sometimes you see something and you think wow this is great.

Well I was walking through my wife's office and I saw this small card about the size of a credit card with STOPP written on it well I thought that's unusual or misspelt, one of the two. So I stopped to read it and thought this is awesome, I need to share this!

You have heard of hatching or snatching an idea......................... well this is a snatch!

So here goes: These are a set of steps to use when life throws you a curve ball.

  1. Stop
  2. Take a breath
  3. Observe: What am I thinking? What am I reacting to? What am I feeling in my body?
  4. Pull Back: Put in some perspective. See the bigger picture. Is this fact or opinion? How would someone else see this?
  5. Practice what works: What is the best thing to do for me, for others, for this situation?
A simple but a great intervention, Give it a try next time your not sure what to do.

You do have time! Go smarter not necessarily faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment