Monday 14 November 2016

The gift of anticpation

We are going on a trip to Europe for 5 weeks leaving this Thursday coming. I must say we have done a fair bit of travelling over the years and most of the time I just turn up on the day and go. Obviously I pack and do all those kinds of things but I don't usually anticipate ahead.

This time however I have made the effort of join my wife as an anticipator of things to come. This is not without risk I must say because you take the risk of being disappointed if it doesn't fulfil your expectations. I have decided this time I am just going to jump in with both feet. It certainly feels like we are closer together as we leave.

We have planned, plotted, chosen and experienced all that is on offer before we have left. So we have indeed maxed out the experience thus. far. I used to think I was living "in the day" but I think I have gained in anticipating this experience even in living each day ....one day at a time.

Anticipating has proven to be a gift I wasn't expecting. it has set a gateway to the trip that I have never head

Bev has just told me ....................................It's three days to take off.......................magic!

Next week I will be reporting in from London or Venice, two places I love. Bucket list things happening soon!! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment