Sunday 10 July 2016

Post storm wisdom.

Last night there was a major storm over our little town and throughout our region. So many people are talking about it on social networks and in conversations with people. Everybody that I have spoken to this morning has talked about the weather.

Apparently there was torrential rain, thunder and lightning. I say apparently, because I slept through the the whole thing. The only insight I had that anything had taken place was the slips on the road and the bits of debris around. when I drove out at about 6.30am.

Now I can get involved in the talk and the discussion but in reality it was not mine to talk about because I simply just didn't experience it. As a spectator it is interesting I suppose, however I do not need to get involved. The descriptions of others may be interesting, but I have a choice to jump on board with all the discussions or let it float on by.

I started to think that we are presented with a lot of situations each day that really have nothing to do with us. Situations that produce drama that don't have any direct relation to us and we cannot positively effect. I am not suggesting we should not get involved good causes, but there are other situations which are just hype.

Later on I had an opportunity to enter into a discussion about an issue at work which really had nothing to do with me. I could of jumped in on the drama, but I had nothing positive to offer, nothing that would improve the situation. So I choose to stay out, like the storm discussion it simply wasn't mine to be involved in.

Wisdom often comes quietly and in a simple form.

.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment