Sunday 31 July 2016

Don't Just Do It...................Do It Well!

We have owned our much loved Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet  for 10 years and she is a little tired at just under 230,000km. After much agonising about a replacement we decided we need to go out and have a look. So what did I do first? Get on the internet of course! In my search had I come a cross a care that seemed interesting a 2009 Toyota Prius. Now being a motor racing buff, I had never ever considered a "hybrid". I mean they are used by those who are first and foremost concerned with environmental or taxi drivers aren't they?

However this was such a well optioned car," top of the line" New Zealand assembled vehicle my wife and I decided to go and have a look. So I rang and for the first time spoke to Allan making an eleven o'clock appointment. We would have to travel for over an hour to get to this appointment in Auckland City. The first thing that happened was that the we were late because we got caught in traffic for our appointment.We had rung the office to say that we would be late as we sat in the traffic When we got there we saw the car that was being climbed all over by another couple of guys. Allan then introduced himself and said he would talk to his boss about us travelling so far and having a prior viewing claim on the car. The manager agreed and said to the other gentlemen that if we did not take the car he would ring them..... most impressive.

Allan the proceeded to spend an amazing amount of time with us. He talked about the car and all its features about it had to offer. More important to me as a Life Coach, he then questioned us about our needs and how was this car going to meet those needs. As couple we were challenged to look at our vehicle needs and to examine our life stage in a way we weren't expecting. We came to realise that the previous car purchase a Mazda Demio had fulfilled the purpose as being very economic which was why we bought it,  but had left us short in people transport capability. We came to see that this would fulfil our potential needs for the next ten years when our life stage would probably change again.

Allan was masterful not in just his sales technique  but in his care for us as a couple. he was constantly checking back in with to ensure we knew that this want we wanted to do, but also this car would meet our lifestyle requirements. Because of the care Allan took the whole sales process took three hours, but to me this was irrelevant. Yes I bought car, but Allan has a repeat customer when the Demio needs replacing I will go and talk to Allan. We sung his praises to anybody in that branch who would listen. The response was always the same "Yes he was the best sales men they had" and more importantly he was a great guy!

Being a car buff I have bought a lot of cars in my time;  family cars, racing/rally cars, sports cars and classic cars. This was the best sales experience I have ever had simply because I am convinced I got it right because Allan made sure that happened! I was convinced the correctness of an option 24hours previously I would not have even considered.

Allan has shown me the absolute value of doing what you do

with excellence. It is not only good for you it means you set the tone for all those around you. This is leadership, not only was he the best, he influenced all those around him. We all have this capacity to influential. Whether we are the president or the janitor. We have the capacity to take pride in what we do and be the best we can.

Thank you Allan for todays experience! A master-class in excellence!

How about you? Do you display excellence?

No comments:

Post a Comment