Sunday 7 August 2016

Makes you stop and think!

 Not the original vase but similar
I have a green art deco style vase which belonged to my paternal grandmother. I feel strange connection to her and this vase. I say strange because she was dead 5 years before I was born so I never actually knew her. However I do love that vase!

I was washing the vase out after removing the dead roses out of and I filled it with warm water from the tap. When I first filled, the water that filled it was cloudy with a lot of small bubbles so you couldn't see through it. I tipped it out immediately. I then refilled in the same way and the same thing happened that the vase was filled with cloudy water.  I then placed it down and watched what happened; gradually the water began to clear from the bottom and within a relatively short time the water was clear.

I began to think that we can be like that when are presented with difficulty, we can immediately react and do something. Sometimes there may be a place for that kind of reaction. However the are also times when it is better to wait and when things become clear respond rather than immediately react. I know at times I can react quickly
when a reasoned response would be a better choice. Especially if you are not sure how an event or happening may effect your plans. Then like the vase the correct response will be come clear in time.

I love it when everyday events reinforce life wisdom. Think about it this and take time to respond when you can. I know I do better when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment