Monday 9 January 2017

keep your on the ball!

You know when you have one of those moments when you see yourself clearly. Well I had one of those  about five and half months ago. I was given an a photo of myself and I  noticed that the stomach overhang over the belt was far more extensive than I had believed.  I had a  healthy case of denial about my weight and what I looked like.

That has set me off on a weight loss programme which has resulted in me losing 10kg or 22lbs. This trimmed down version of me puts me into the my doctors  target weight zone for my age and height. Which is great. This took about 3 months to lose the target weight, actually when I have settled, I am about 2kg lighter than my original target.

Now as anyone who has ever been on a diet or weight loss programme knows, losing is one thing maintaining that loss is quite another. I have maintained this target for about two and half months, so that is good so far. Part of that time we spent 29 days on a cruise boat. Now you may say, so what! Which would be fair, if the statistics didn't suggest that the average person puts on 5kg on a 12 day cruise. We were on the ship far longer with the rich food and a high quantity of food!

So what have I done differently, I have as title suggests I "kept my eye on the ball". I have lived intentionally with my weight target and my value of enjoying life. I weighed every day that was possible, so nothing got too far out of hand. I had set my upper limit that was acceptable for my weigh gain, which I did hit once. I also started a fitness regime with step counting and exercise, to help support my goal. When I came back from the trip, I was far fitter than I have been for ages and at the weight I left with. With this in mind have decided to take up running again which I am really enjoying. Well at the speed I run, I think the official term is jogging. I am going to do some fun runs!!

Auckland Round the Bays Run


Sometimes we have to keep the things that are important and valuable to us to the forefront of our thinking then they don't just get lost in the busy times. To get or maintain what we want we must live intentionally. I don't have this all worked out, but there is certainly some great personal learning in here for me!




What have you lost sight of that if you are honest is actually something you value and/or is important to you?

 It is not too late to change. Take back your lost ground, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment