Sunday 19 June 2016

Viva la France

I must admit I had become a little disappointed by the numbers who had read my blogs in the last couple of weeks. There has seemed to be a downward trend, considering they take such a lot of thought and time to write.

I was beginning to wonder what I was going to write about this week. Then I noticed that I had 7 new readers from France. I had never had any French readers before, as far as I can remember. I found this quite encouraging, it gave me  a lift in my thinking and emotions. The other point about them was they had found the blog without Facebook which was also encouraging.

It occurred to me that we become disappointed and discouraged on occasions because we don't look for something to lift our spirits. In itself there is nothing that miraculous about 7 new French readers, but by allowing it to lift me, I was maintaining my own balance. That allowed me to go on to notice that in this week alone people from six nations read this blog!

You can too look around you, there is encouragement everywhere. You  just have to see it. Start small, you never know where it could take you. Often it is all in the way you look at it. Is the  glass half  full or half empty?

Until next week. Even if the glass is only half full, it seems a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment