Monday 5 September 2016

Good as it maybe ......NO!

I had a list of things to get done today. Most of them were OK things that I did not mind doing. It was going to be a good day. Then I was given an opportunity of another good option to go a great movie! It would have been a great thing to do. However it would mean putting off the things I was doing now and needed to get done. For instance writing this blog for you. I had already prioritised the things I needed to do over other activities before this movie offer.

So here I am, with a number of possibilities
  1.  I can go to the movies and not worry about it put off the list things.
  2. I can finish the things I needed to get done and not go to the movies.
  3. I can finish the things I needed to get done and go to the movies at a later time.
  4. I can just prioritise the list and worry about other things another time.
My first choice in the end was Choice #4 because it catered for the need I knew I had to get this stuff done.

 I may end up with Choice #3 later in the week it still is an option
.
Sometimes we have to say NO to good things, even fun things because in the end it will cause more stress than they are worth. I would probably not really enjoy the movie as I should because I know I should being doing my list. When the movie is over I will still have the list to do but with time pressure, because I am 3+ hours behind.Most of the time when I am saying no to good things it is not allowing procrastination to take hold. I am a natural procrastinator, so it is time to engage the brain.
A simple "big person" decision. Just because it is good and fun doesn't always make it the best option.

Hey I will go to the movie Next week!

Are you a procrastinator?

No comments:

Post a Comment