Monday 3 April 2017

A simple kind word.


 

I was reminded the other day about the importance of our words. Words can either build up or tear down. Our words are extremely powerful they can last a lifetime for someone else either positively or negatively.

Counsellors and psychologist spend an awful lot of time trying to rectify the damage done by ill-chosen, nasty or downright evil words. It can take years to get over a throwaway line!

I recently had the privilege of spending time with my children, their spouses and my grandchildren. I was able to sow “words of life” to each of them about who they were and the qualities I so appreciated about each of them. I was so amazed at how profound the impact was of a few simple well directed words. Like water on a parched riverbed bringing forth life.

There are so many things out there waiting to tear down those you love, those you like or even those you just spend time with. You can part of the solution or you can be part of the verbal destruction out there, your choice!

It does not take much give a kind word and smile to those you love and those you meet. “I took the road less travelled and it made all the difference”. You may never know the impact your positive words have on others, but I will you tell that you will notice the positive effect it has on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment