Sunday 23 April 2017

Well ...........what's next?

As  a coach I spend al lot of time helping people come up with plans. However for the procrastinators amongst us,(Myself being one) this can be where we rest, if we are not careful. We feel we have achieved when we have made a plan. The emphasis is on feel. However we can not rely on our feelings, they can be deceitful. I have had to learn this lesson the hard way. We must allow the rational mind to start to at least ask some questions.

Such as: What is the the next step?



This opens up a whole new world because no matter how good or bad it looks there is ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE A NEXT STEP.




I just love Winston Churchill's great words:

"Success is nor final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"




So what is you next step?

Look around you, there is something that can be done.

They are usually small steps, but some may feel large. If it seems too big break it down to smaller steps.

If life is bad. What can I do today, no matter how small. Can I move forward? Then tomorrow may become easier.

If I can't answer this question. Who can I ask for help that may make this next step more obvious, more achievable or just a little less lonely!

If life is good how can I capitalise on my momentum?


Well what's next for you? Remember you only have 24 hours in day. What can you possibly achieve today?

No comments:

Post a Comment