Friday 29 April 2016

A cinch by the inch!


There is a an old saying that goes "It is a cinch by the inch and hard by the yard"

This week and last week,  I have had a record number of views of this blog each week. Now one could say that though they are a personal record they are not exactly massive numbers. But they show progress and that is encouraging. I have allowed myself to enjoy those small moments not discount them as nothing because compared to someone else they may seem very small. They were significant to me and at this stage that is all that I am allowing to count!

The other Blog hit 100 views in a 31 day monthly period for the first time in 4 years. It also had its largest individual viewing in a single week within that month. I allowed myself to celebrate that as well. Steps along the journey to where I want to be. They reminded me of the old milestones markers on the roads to help travellers gauge where they were. Like the milestones they encouraged me to just keep moving forward, because I know I am getting closer.

When I did this I encouraged myself to such a degree that I began to notice other successes at work and other places. As they success breeds success no matter how small. As I accentuate the positive I become nicer for others to be around. Which is a welcome by-product!

If I wait till I have arrived I will never celebrate, because there is always more to do. I will probably never arrive but I can still achieve and celebrate much on the journey. Look around to see where you are winning and acknowledge that it matters. No matter how small!
 
Join with me and celebrate your milestones, it can make a difference!
 
As the Robert Frost Poem says:
I took the road less travelled and it made all the difference.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment